Leg stuffed with asparagusSee all
- 1 leg of Quebec lamb, 2.2 lb (1.3 kg), opened
- 2 t. (500ml) broth
- 1 large onion, sliced
- A few sprigs of thyme and/or rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of asparagus, blanched and hulled
- 2 tbsp. at s. (30ml) oil
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Place lamb on a work surface, open side up. Drizzle the inside with oil then season with salt and pepper. Add the other stuffing ingredients. Close the lamb using cooking twine.
- Preheat the oven to 425◦F (220◦C).
- Spread the onion slices and herbs in a baking dish and place the lamb on it. Add broth.
- Place the lamb in the oven. After 20 minutes, cover with aluminum foil, lower the oven temperature to 375 ◦F (190 ◦C) and cook for about 1 hour and 10 minutes longer or until desired doneness.