LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOMS with garlic, thyme and mashed potatoesSee all
- 1lb (500g) Quebec lamb shoulder chops (6 chops)
- 1lb (500g) potatoes, cut into small cubes, peeled as desired
- 150g coffee mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon (15 ml) mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) 15% cream
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain then mash with butter and milk to taste. Salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Pat the lamb chops dry. Salt on both sides.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear the chops 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- Add 2 tbsp. of butter and a drizzle of oil if needed in the pan. Add mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Add the Dijon mustard and mix well.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook for 2-3 minutes. Taste then adjust the salt and pepper.
- Return the lamb chops to the pan, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Serve the lamb chops with the mushroom sauce and mashed potatoes.