Pumpkin stuffed with lambSee all
- A small pumpkin 20 to 25 cm (8 to 10 in) in diameter
- 1 Spanish onion, in medium-sized pieces
- 1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
- A little olive oil
- 480 g (1 lb) ground lamb
- 2 carrots, grated
- 400 g (2 cups) canned diced tomatoes
- 240 gr (8 oz) Polish garlic sausage, cubed
- ¼ tsp (¼ tsp) oregano
- ¼ tsp (¼ tsp) rosemary
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) potato starch
- 300 gr (10 oz) of grated cheese to gratin
- Cut a lid in the top of the pumpkin, it can be put back in place for cooking and empty the pumpkin.
- Sweat the onions and celery over low heat in the oil. In a saucepan, brown the lamb. Add the onions and celery, carrots, tomatoes, sausage and herbs. Simmer over low heat until the vegetables are cooked.
- Thicken with potato starch.
- Remove from heat as soon as small bubbles reappear.
- Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Stuff the pumpkin with the mixture, alternating with the cheese.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the pumpkin starts to sag.
- Scrape the inside edges of the pumpkin to serve pumpkin pulp with the stuffing.