LAMB CROQUE-MADAMESee all
- 300g boneless leg of Quebec lamb
- Spices: Garlic powder 15ml - Dried rosemary 15ml
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 0.5 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 slices of bread
- 1.5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4-6 chive sprigs, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F.
- Cover the lamb with the spices, salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking dish with the fat side up.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 ° F and cook 22-25 minutes.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes before cutting it into thin slices.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- When the butter is foamy, add the flour and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and nutmeg and mix until it becomes a thick sauce. Salt and pepper.
- Place 2 slices of bread on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Add the sliced lamb, half the bechamel sauce and half the cheese.
- Close with the other slices of bread. Add the rest of the béchamel sauce and the cheese.
- Bake in a 425 ° F oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fried eggs in a pan.
- Serve the eggs on the au gratin breads and garnish with the chives.