Tex-Mex Lamb StewSee all
- 1¼ lbs (600 g) lamb stew meat, boneless, fat removed and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) beef bouillon concentrate
- 1 can (398 ml) diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cumin
- 1 can (398 ml) kidney beans, drained
- In a large pot, brown the meat in olive oil and set it aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the onion, green pepper and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and add the meat back in.
- Cover and simmer until the meat is tender (approximately 1 hour).
- Serve with pita bread and green onions, to taste.