ORANGE, GINGER & CUMIN LAMB SKEWERSSee all
- 300 g (2/3 c) Quebec lamb in cubes (leg)
- 1/2 red onion, cut in cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut in cubes
- 4 wood skewers
- 1/4 c (60 ml) sour cream
- 2 oranges, zest, juice and segments
- 1 tbs ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Olive Oil
- Mix the lamb cubes with the sour cream, ginger, the orange zest and half of the juice, the cumin, garlic, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the lamb on the skewers alternating with the onion and the peppers.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan or on the BBQ over medium high heat. Cook the skewers 3-5 minutes on each side or until the desired doneness.
- To make the lemon sauce, mix the lemon juice with the rest of the orange juice, a 1/4 cup of oil, 1 tbs of sour cream, the cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Mix the radishes with the lettuce, orange segments and the lemon sauce.
A recipe by Gabrielle Pellerin.