Easy pulled lambSee all
- 3.3 - 4 lbs (1.5 - 1.8 kg) Quebec lamb shoulder (bone in)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- Mixture of fresh herbs: a few sprigs of thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt and 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 t. (250ml) beef broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C).
- Place the herbs and the clove of garlic in a mortar and crush until a coarse paste is obtained.
- Rub the lamb with the paste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish, place the onion quarters, the bay leaves and the shoulder of lamb and add the broth then cover.
- Bake for 4 hours, basting with pan juices occasionally. Check the cooking of the lamb. It should flake with a fork, otherwise return to the oven until desired doneness.
- Once cooked, remove the lamb from the oven and cover lightly with aluminum foil to rest for a few minutes.