LAMB SUMMER PLATTER with tandoori spices, pita bread and Israeli couscousSee all
- 350 g leg of Quebec lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 cases. tandoori spices
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 200g Israeli couscous
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 75 g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Bunch of mint, oregano and parsley, finely chopped
- Mini pitas
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put the lamb cubes in a bowl with 3/4 of the spice mix, 1 tbsp. of yogurt, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. To mix together.
- Bring a pot of water with the stock cube and the rest of the spices to a boil.
- Pour the couscous and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Drain and mix with the butter. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Mix the tomatoes with the onion, feta, herbs to taste, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix cucumbers with 1 tsp. of yogurt, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the lamb cubes and cook for about 3 minutes on one side until browned.
- Flip, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes over low heat until the center is cooked.
- Serve the lamb cubes with the couscous, the vegetables, the pitas, the rest of the herbs and the yogurt.