YOGURT MARINATED LAMB PANZANELLASee all
- 300g leg of boneless Quebec lamb, cubed
- Spice mix: Dried rosemary 10ml - Dried oregano 10ml - Onion powder 5ml - Ground black pepper 2.5ml
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 half baguette, cut into cubes
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch parsley and mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the lamb cubes with the yogurt, spice mix and salt. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the bread cubes for 3-4 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Remove from pan and salt to taste.
- Put the red onion in a bowl with the fennel, sumac, sugar, a drizzle of oil, wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Leave to marinate.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium heat.
- Cook the lamb cubes for 6-7 minutes, turning them a few times.
- Assemble the salad with all the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a drizzle of oil and lemon juice to taste.