Lamb Stir-Fry with Blond BeerSee all
- 2 lbs (1 kg) lamb shoulder cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) clarified butter or oil
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 bottle blond beer
- 2 cups (500 ml) veal stock
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter or oil in a wok. Add the lamb cubes, brown, sprinkle with flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the chopped vegetables.
- Add the meat back in, the beer and the stock, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 1 hour over low heat. Add the mustard to thicken the sauce.