Lamb Shoulder Roast with Dijon Mustard, Sage and RosemarySee all
- 1 Quebec lamb shoulder roast, approx. 3 lbs (1,5 kg) boneless and tied
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced in rounds
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soya sauce
- 50 ml beef stock
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F/175 °C.
- Mix the soya sauce, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and spread over the roast.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and brown the roast on all sides in olive oil.
- In a baking dish, place the onions on the bottom and the roast and herbs on top.
- Remove excess fat from the skillet, mix the lemon juice and beef stock and deglaze the pan with this mixture (this way you retain all the delicious juices from the meat) and pour over the roast.
- Cover and bake for about 1 hour, turning it after 45 minutes (cooking time may vary: once the meat is fork tender, it’s ready).