Lamb and Mushroom RisottoSee all
- 200 g (1 cup) cooked Quebec lamb, in chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 227 g mushrooms
- A few fresh oregano leaves
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) oil
- 3 cups (750 ml) stock
- 200 g (1 cup) Arborio rice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges (optional)
- Parmesan (optional)
- In half the oil, sauté the shallots, onions and mushrooms, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, then add the lamb.
- Heat the stock and set aside over low heat.
- In a skillet, heat the rest of the oil over high heat. Add the rice and let it brown a bit while stirring then add a ladle of warm stock.
- When there is little stock left, add another ladle in. Continue this process until there is only one ladle left.
- Add the vegetables and lamb, then add the last ladle of stock. Stir, cover and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan and lemon wedge.