LAMB LAHMACUNSee all
- 250g ground lamb from Quebec
- 1 tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of each: ground cumin, ground harissa, dried mint, ground coriander, paprika
- 2 large pita breads
- 2 cases. honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
- A few parsley and mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the lamb, tomato, pepper, shallot and spices for 3-4 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Put the lamb mixture in a container and reduce everything to a "dough" texture using a hand blender.
- Spread the lamb mixture on the pita breads. Garnish with honey.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with onion slices, pomegranate, herbs and lemon juice to taste.