Provence flavors ShanksSee all
- 6 lamb shanks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tbsp. (15 ml) tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. 1/2 tsp (3 mL) thyme
- ½ tsp. 1/2 tsp (3 mL) rosemary
- ½ tsp. (3 ml) parsley
- ½ tsp. 1/2 tsp (3 mL) oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 C. tbsp (15ml) cornstarch
- Place all ingredients, except cornstarch, in a saucepan or casserole dish, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours, while degreasing regularly.
- Gently remove the shanks and keep warm.
- Add cornstarch to broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 5 min).
- Serve the shanks with this sauce