LARGE LAMB MEATBALLSSee all
- 350g Quebec ground lamb
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes (398ml)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the service:
- Rosemary Focaccia
- Olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the ground lamb with the spices, pesto, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Form 2 large meatballs per person. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes until the center of the meatball is cooked.
- Meanwhile, put all the ingredients for the sauce (except the butter) with salt and pepper in a pan or saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook 3-5 minutes over medium high heat until the sauce has reduced by 3/4 and is more consistent.
- Add the butter to the sauce, stir and turn off the heat. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the lamb meatballs with the tomato sauce, the focaccia and garnish with the parmesan, basil and a drizzle of olive oil to taste.