Grilled cheese with shredded lamb, sheep cheese and caramelized onionsSee all
- Pulled cooked lamb
- 8 slices of multigrain bread or to taste
- 4 slices of firm sheep's cheese
- Butter, enough
- 2 small onions
- 2 tbsp. at s. (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Dijon, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare the caramelized onions, sauté the onions in 2 Tbsp. (30ml) butter until softened and change color.
- Add brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Let cool and stir in the mustard.
- Spread the shredded lamb, 1 slice of cheese and a little caramelized onion on 4 slices of bread. Close the sandwiches.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and brown the sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side.