SPICES LAMB CHOPS with Herb Salad and Pickled RadishSee all
- 6 Quebec lamb chops (about 100g each)
- Spice mix: Paprika 5ml - Cumin seeds 5ml - Onion powder 5ml - Garlic powder 5ml - Cinnamon 2ml
- 2 cups arugula
- 6-10 sprigs of: Parsley, Coriander, Fresh Oregano
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 60g feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. White sugar
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put the radish in a bowl. Put 1/2 cup of water, the vinegar, a pinch of salt and the sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the radishes and leave to marinate.
- Pat the lamb chops dry and cover them with the spices and a drizzle of oil. Salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the chops 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Let stand 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
- Mix the arugula with the herbs, onion, radish and lemon juice to taste. Salt and pepper.
- Serve the chops with the salad topped with crumbled feta.
- This dish goes very well with roast potatoes or rice pilaf.
A recipe by Gabrielle Pellerin.