Lime and Garlic Rack of LambSee all
- 1 rack of Quebec lamb with eight chops
- (about 450 g - 1 lb)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) toasted sesame seeds
For the marinade:
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) fresh juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Fish sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) crushed decoriander beans
- 2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) mustard seeds
- ½ Thai chilli, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Transfer to an airtight bag and add the rack of lamb. Stir to coat well with marinade. Remove air from bag and seal. Let marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the fridge.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 190 ° C (375 ° F).
- Drain the rack of lamb and pour the marinade into a saucepan.
- Bring the marinade to a boil, then simmer, 6 to 8 minutes over medium heat, until a syrupy texture is achieved. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Season the rack of lamb with salt and pepper. Cook, 1 to 2 minutes per side, watching carefully to prevent the honey from burning. Remove the pan from the heat. Brush rack of lamb with half the lasauce.
- Continue cooking in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, brushing the square with the remaining sauce halfway through cooking, until a thermometer inserted in the center of the meat indicates a temperature of 58 ° C (136 ° F) .
- Remove the rack of lamb from the oven and place it on a cutting board. Garnish the square with sesame seeds. Cover with foil loosely. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.