MEDITERRANEAN LAMB BURGERS with feta, pistachios, mint and yogurtSee all
- 240g ground Quebec lamb
- 1/4 cup pistachios, crushed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- 8 basil sprigs
- 4 mint sprigs
- 1/3 cup 11% plain yogurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Toss the ground lamb with the pistachios, feta, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place the basil and mint in a blender with a generous drizzle of oil and pulse until you get a "pesto".
- Place 1 tablespoon of pesto in the bowl with the ground lamb.
- Mix and form 2 patties.
- Mix the rest of the pesto with the yogurt. Salt to taste.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the lamb patties about 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Roast the English muffins in a toaster.
- Top with yogurt, lettuce, lamb patty, cucumber and onion.