SPICED LAMB SKEWERS with Creamy Lentil and Cucumber Salad and Red Pepper SauceSee all
- 300g Quebec lamb cubes
- 4 wooden skewers
- 2 cases. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. of each: smoked paprika - cumin seeds - white sugar - onion powder - dried mint
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cup canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 5-6 sprigs of dill, chopped
- 2 cases. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 small red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 3-4 sprigs of parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the lamb cubes with the tomato paste, spices and a drizzle of olive oil. Salt and pepper. Leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cucumbers with the lentils, shallot, yogurt, dill, oil, salt and pepper. Add a little lemon juice to taste. To book.
- Put the peppers in a food processor along with the garlic, chili flakes, lemon juice, parsley and oil. Pulse until a homogeneous sauce is obtained. Add the cider vinegar then salt and pepper to taste.
- Thread the lamb cubes onto the skewers. Heat a drizzle of oil in a ridged pan on medium. Cook the skewers 3-5 minutes on each side or until the desired doneness.
- Serve the skewers with the lentil salad and the pepper sauce.