Bacon and Lamb BBQ SkewersSee all
- 1 lb (450 g) cubes of lamb meat, approx. 1.5 in (3 to 4 cm)
- Green pepper, cut up
- Fresh mushrooms, blanched
- Small Mexican tomatoes or tomato wedges
- Small onions or quartered onion
- 1 cup (250 ml) red wine
- ½ cup (125 ml) oil
- ¼ cup (50 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1 clove
- ½ tsp (3 ml) salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch of pepper, thyme, marjoram and oregano
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the lamb cubes.
- Let sit in the fridge 8 to 12 hours, mixing from time to time.
- Assemble the skewers with the lamb and bacon. Reserve the rest of the marinade.
- Grill on the BBQ, turning the skewers half way through, basting them with the reserved marinade.
- Cook the vegetables on skewers separately.