LAMB SHAKSHOUKASee all
- 250g Quebec ground lamb
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (400 ml)
- Spices: 1 tbsp smoked paprika - 1 tbsp dried oregano - 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 sprigs of coriander
- 1 small ciabatta baguette
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the lamb for 5-6 minutes until browned. Salt and pepper.
- Add the onion and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, spices and 1/3 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the sauce for 5-6 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Make small wells in the sauce and add the eggs to each well.
- Cover the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with grilled ciabatta.