Quebec Rack of Lamb with Orange ZestSee all
- 1 Quebec rack of lamb, 7 to 8 chops
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 oranges
- 1 tbsp (15 g) paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Remove excess fat from the rack of lamb (or ask your butcher to do it for you).
- Season it.
- Place the rack in a large pot. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Peel and roughly chop the vegetables.
- Peel the garlic cloves and add them to the pot.
- Occasionally mix the vegetables to roast them.
- Gently turn the rack on its sides. Cook 2 minutes per side (golden brown on the outside, rosy on the inside).
- Add the zest of one orange and the paprika and stir.
- Remove the rack from the pot and let sit.
- Press the juice of 3 oranges into the pot (still containing the vegetables) over medium heat, let the juice reduce.
- Return the rack to the pot with the juice now reduced and stir to coat the lamb.