LAMB PITA WITH MUSHROOMS AND HUMMUSSee all
- 2 slices of Quebec lamb shoulder, about 150g each
- 150g oyster mushrooms, cut into medium sized pieces
- Spice blend: 1 tbsp steak spice, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large pita breads
- 1/2 cup hummus, or more to taste
- 2-3 tbsp spicy mayonnaise, optional
- 100g red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 6-8 sprigs of coriander or parsley
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- White sugar
- Mix the cabbage with 2-3 tbsp of lukewarm water, 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt. Leave to marinate.
- Pat the slice of lamb shoulder dry. Salt and pepper.
- Heat the barbecue to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill.
- Cook the slices for 3-4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Let rest on a board then cut into thin slices.
- Toss the mushrooms with the spice blend and a drizzle of oil.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil on medium high. Cook the mushrooms 6-8 minutes until browned.
- You can also cook the mushrooms on the barbecue until golden brown.
- Garnish the pitas with the hummus, lamb slices, mushrooms, mayonnaise, cabbage and cilantro.