Moroccan Style Lamb ShankSee all
- 4 Quebec lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) saffron
- ½ tsp (2 ml) cumin
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) harissa
- ½ tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- The juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch the lamb shanks starting with cold water, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer gently for 45 minutes, skimming regularly.
- Drain the shanks, cover them with the marinade and store in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Remove the shanks from the marinade and continue cooking on the BBQ for 15 minutes or less.
- Serve on top of couscous, sprinkled with cilantro and accompanied by one Provençale-style grilled tomato per person.