NEW YEAR'S LAMB BURGER with champagne mayonnaise and Boursin cranberry cheeseSee all
- 350g minced Quebec lamb
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 8 mini brioche buns
- 60-70g Boursin cranberries & pepper cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small parsley
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup olive, vegetable, canola or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F
- Mix the lamb with the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Form flat circles.
- Garnish the center with Boursin cheese and roll into small balls and flatten slightly.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Put the red wine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Put in a bowl with the red onion and marinate.
- Mix the parsley and coriander leaves with the olive oil.
- Whisk the egg yolk with the mustard and salt.
- Add the oil gently in a drizzle (or 1 tbsp at a time), whisking vigorously until everything becomes mayonnaise.
- Add the lemon juice, champagne vinegar and honey. Whisk. Pepper. Adjust the salt if necessary.
* You will have about 3/4 to 1 cup of mayonnaise *
- Heat the buns in the oven for 5 minutes to taste. Garnish with mayonnaise, lamb, onions and herbs.