Korean Grilled Quebec Lamb SkewersSee all
- 1 lb (450 g) Quebec leg of lamb, deboned
- ¹⁄³ cup (80 ml) reduced sodium soya sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (chopped 15 ml) ginger
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sriracha
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) roasted sesame seeds (optional)
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for approximately 30 minutes before cooking.
- Slice the lamb into strips 0,5 cm (¼ in.) thickness.
- In a rimmed dish, mix the soya sauce with the brown sugar, ginger, sriracha and garlic. Add the lamb and mix well to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the barbecue to medium high heat.
- Strain the lamb strips and throw away the marinade.
- Thread the lamb strips onto the skewers in S formations.
- On a hot and oiled grill, cook the skewers for 1.5 to 2 minutes per side.
- If desired, garnish with sesame seeds before serving.