Irish Lamb StewSee all
- 1 ½ lbs (720 g) Quebec lamb cubes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 peeled potatoes, cut in 2
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat the butter over high heat and add the lamb cubes.
- Add the onions and celery, cook for a few minutes.
- Incorporate the flour and stock, mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and let simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes over low heat.