LAMB LEG COCONUT HERB SAUCESee all
- 1 Quebec lamb leg, semi-boneless (about 1.6kg)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Spice blend: dried oregano 15ml - paprika 15ml - chili flakes 5ml - garlic powder 10ml
- 1 kg baby potatoes, cut in 2 or 4
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8-10 sprigs of parsley
- 6-8 sprigs of coriander
- 4-5 mint branches, leafless
- 1 lemon or lime, zest and juice
- 1.5 tsp pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F.
- Cover the lamb leg with the spices. Place in a baking dish.
- Add a drizzle of oil on the leg. Salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375 ° F, cover and cook from 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the desired doneness.
- Combine the potato wedges in a baking dish or on a baking sheet. Mix with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 375 ° F for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Mix the potatoes with fresh chopped parsley to taste.
- Put the herbs, avocado, half a lemon juice, garlic, ginger, chili flakes, coconut milk in a blender. Pulse until you get a smooth sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve a leg of lamb with the potatoes and the herb sauce.
A recipe by Gabrielle Pellerin